More information on Amazon National Park
Description: Amazon National Park
Manaus is the second largest city in Northern Brazil with a population of 2M people and also the state capital of Amazonas. It is situated on the Amazon river where the Negro and Solimões rivers meet and is a popular ecotourist destination for this reason. Due to it's location next to the Amazon rain forest, tourists can easily find boat and land tours into the surrounding jungle. Beaches are formed when the water levels in the Amazon river drop, and are usually accessible only by boat. One popular tourist destination is to go visit the meeting of the Negro river with the Solimões river. The meeting creates an unusual site as the black water from the Negro mixes with the muddy water of the Solimões, but doesn't actually combined for several miles creating a distinctive split. The main airport is Eduardo Gomes International Airport (MAO).
- Area Code: (92)
- Manaustur – Municipal Foundation for Tourism
- Av. Sete de Setembro, nº 157 - Paço da Liberdade – Downtown
- Tel: +55 (92) 3622-4948 / 3233-1517 / 3234-4261
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Tourist Information Center Phone: +55 (92) 3231-1998
- Eduardo Gomes International Airport Phone: +55 (92) 3652-1210
- Bus Station Phone: +55 (92) 3642-5805 or 3236-1280
- Manaus Port Phone: +55 (92) 3621-4359 or 3621-4301
- Bank Agencies: The city has several national and international bank branches. Most commercial establishments accept credit cards.