More information on Carnival in Olinda - Recife
Description: Carnival in Olinda - Recife
Recife is the capital of the state of Pernambuco and has a population approaching 3.8M, making it the largest city in the Northeast region, and 4th largest city in Brazil. The city is a major port city, and is located where Beberibe River meets the Capibaribe River at the Atlantic Ocean. The delta has many small islands and bridges, giving it the nick name of the "Brazilian Venice." The city has many beaches and the name Recife actually means "reef" in Portuguese. Surfing is a big tourist attraction here, along with beautiful sandy beaches. The city is easily accessible with direct international flights to the US, Europe and Africa. The main airport is Gilberto Freyre/Guararapes International Airport (REC).
- Area Code: (81)
- City Hall: +55 (81) 3232.8117 / 3232-8614
- Dial-Tourism: +55 (81) 3232-8409
- Tourist Information: +55 (81) 3462-4960 / 3224-2361
- Guararapes Airport: +55 (81) 3464-4188
- Bus Station: +55 (81) 3452-1999
- Subway: +55 (81) 3455-4533
- Restauração Hospital: +55 (81) 3421-5444
- Bank Agencies: Recife has branches for all national banks as well as some international banks.
Photo by: Prefeitura de Olinda