More information on São Paulo City
Description: São Paulo City
São Paulo is the capital city for the state of São Paulo and is an absolutely enormous city, with nearly 20 million people living in the metropolitan area! It the largest city in South America, and the 7th largest city in the world. Many international flights use Sao Paulo as their hub. Sao Paulo is also the richest city in Brazil and known for its land marks, museums and parks, including such attractions as the Museu Paulista do Ipiranga, the gothic Metropolitan Sé Cathedral, the São Paulo Museum of Art (MASP). The city boasts the largest shopping center in Latin America, the Centro Comercial Leste Aricanduva. The city itself has no beaches, making it a business destination more than a tourist destination. The Mayor made billboards illegal and limited store signage, making the city oddly void of major advertising. A somewhat welcome relief compared with other cities. The major airport is São Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport (GRU).
- Area Code: (11)
- Airport Service - EMTU Bus service to GRU International Airport Phone: +55 (11) 6445 2505 or 0800 190 088
- São Paulo/Guarulhos International Airport Phone: +55 (11) 6445-2945
- Congonhas Airport Phone: +55 (11) 5090-9000
- Bus Station - Tietê Terminal Phone: +55 (11) 3235 0322
- Bus Station - Jabaquara Terminal Phone: +55 (11) 5012 2256
- Bus Station - Barra Funda Terminal Phone: +55 (11) 3666 4682
- Bank Agencies: The city has countless domestic and international bank agencies. Most commercial establishments accept credit cards.